Terms and Conditions
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLATON SERVICES LTD
registration number: 12897999, whose registered office is Unit Q, 35 Astbury Road, London, United Kingdom, SE15 2NL ("Platon Finance").
DEFINITION OF BASIC TERMS
- "PlatonCoin" ("PLTC") is a type of virtual currency. It is large-scale computational data operating on the basis of a peer-to-peer computer network. The distribution of PLTC is exclusively through a blockchain database. PLTC are distributed through transactions whose correctness is confirmed by individual blocks of data. The blocks are created by software that uses powerful hardware to perform the computational tasks necessary to verify the correctness of the transactions. Virtual currencies are not regulated in the Czech Republic by the legislation governing payment services and are not subject to regulation and supervision by the Czech National Bank. The value and potential use of PLTC is dependent on the ongoing development of the technology, the ecosystem and, primarily, the confidence of investors and users in the technology. PLTC is an autonomous, unregulated payment instrument intended for widespread use by businesses and consumers;
- "Payment gateway" is a service operated by Platon Finance for the purpose of accepting payments in the Internet environment. It is provided by a set of information systems that ensures the secure transmission of payment information in the Internet environment for the purpose of payment of goods or services at a merchant for PLTC;
- "Client" means a natural person who has attained the age of 18 years and is fully capable of exercising his/her legal capacity, or a legal person who purchases goods or services from a merchant in return for a PLTC payment;
- "Purchase contract" is a contract that the Client concludes with Platon Finance in a distance manner when purchasing vouchers from other business entities on the Platon Finance website. The purchase contract is concluded when the order is confirmed;
- "Plato Life" is an application that includes Platon Wallet as an electronic wallet - a means to hold and transfer PLTC and other supported digital currencies. Through Platon Life, a registered user can submit orders to Platon Finance to buy and/or sell PLTC;
- "Plato Store" is a section of the website - store.platonlife.comunder which the Client purchases vouchers from partner business entities;
- "Plato Wallet" is an electronic wallet or a means to store and transfer Digital Currencies;
- "Terms and Conditions" are these general terms and conditions that govern the rights and obligations arising from purchases made through the Platon Store section;
- "Sale and purchase of PLTC" are governed by the General Terms and Conditions for the sale of Platon Finance products;
- "Website" is the website of Platon Finance, namely platonlife.com;
- "The Law" is Act No. 634/1992 Coll., on Consumer Protection. If the Client is a consumer, the Czech Trade Inspection Authority supervises compliance with this law - coi.cz;
- "Goods" is any movable item offered by Platon Finance in the Platon Store for sale to Clients for PLTC, in particular vouchers issued by Platon Finance partners (third parties) with an embedded value expressed in fiat currency (most often in CZK), which can be used to pay the purchase price of goods and services at the partners. The terms and conditions of use of the vouchers are governed in particular by the terms and conditions of the persons and entities that issued the vouchers and the Client is obliged to familiarize himself with them before redeeming them. Platon Finance shall not be liable for any restrictions on the use of vouchers and shall not accept any claims in this respect. Where the term "goods" is used hereafter, this term includes vouchers and vice versa.
SUBJECT OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- These Terms and Conditions govern the rights and obligations of Platon Finance and the Client when purchasing goods offered by Platon Finance on the Website. platonlife.com, Platon Store section and are an integral part of the Purchase Agreement concluded between Platon Finance and the Client by distance, through the Platon Store.
- The Client is sufficiently notified of these Terms and Conditions before making payment and has the opportunity to familiarize himself with them when they are published on the Website. By concluding the Purchase Agreement by distance means, the Client confirms that he/she has read the Terms and agrees to them.
- Platon Finance reserves the right to change or amend the Terms and Conditions. Amendments to the Terms and Conditions shall become effective upon notification on the Platon Finance Website.
RULES OF OPERATION OF THE E-SHOP
- Platon Finance offers through its online store Platon Store located on the website platonlife.com, vouchers from third parties, namely other business entities, where the Client purchases individual vouchers through the Platon Store section, thereby concluding a Purchase Agreement with Platon Finance.
- Individual vouchers from third party businesses will be offered in different values (e.g. CZK 500, CZK 1000, CZK 2000, etc.) within the Platon Store section.
- Anyone can access the Platon Store, regardless of whether or not they have a Platon Life account. However, it is only possible to enter into a Purchase Agreement and purchase a voucher if the Customer has created an account with Platon Life, through which the Customer logs in and is informed of the current PLTC rate and the current number of PLTC in the Customer's account.
- The Client can create an order using the shopping cart in the Platon Store section. When creating an order, the Client first selects the voucher he/she is interested in. After selecting the desired quantity and type of vouchers, the Client confirms his/her order.
- Each Client with an active free membership called "Root" (free) can make an order of goods and services in the "standard" category up to a maximum of CZK 1,000 in one calendar month. In the category "exclusive" up to the amount of 10.000 CZK. In the case of clients with an active "Blossom" membership, the limit for goods and services in the "standard" category is always CZK 5,000. The limit for goods and services in the "exclusive" category is CZK 25,000. No limit applies to the purchase of goods and services in the "no limit" category.
- The purchase contract between Platon Finance and the Client is formed on the basis of a binding confirmation of an electronic order in the Platon Store system. Platon Finance is obliged to confirm the contents of the Client's electronic order by e-mail immediately after its receipt by Platon Finance, but no later than 24 hours after the order is received, otherwise the Purchase Agreement between the Client and Platon Finance is not concluded. The Client is obliged to check whether the order confirmation has been received within the aforementioned period, including in other folders of the e-mail account, such as spam, as well as the content of the electronic order specified in the e-mail message from Platon Finance. In the event of any discrepancies regarding the content of the electronic order confirmed by Platon Finance, the Client is obliged to notify Platon Finance via e-mail message sent to email@example.com.
- The following are considered essential elements of an electronic order:
- Identification of the Client through the Platon Life account;
- Sufficient PLTC in the Client's Platon Life account;
- The name of the ordered goods;
- Quantity of goods ordered;
- The address of the place of delivery of the goods upon physical delivery;
If the order does not contain the elements according to the preceding paragraphs, it is considered incomplete and cannot be considered eligible for the conclusion of the Purchase Contract. Platon Finance shall in such case attempt to contact the Client and invite him to complete and eliminate the deficiencies in the electronic order or to clarify it, if necessary. The electronic order shall be deemed complete at the moment of delivery of the additional information to Platon Finance.
- The subject of the concluded Purchase Agreement is the obligation of Platon Finance to deliver the voucher selected by the Client in the agreed quantity to the Client and the obligation of the Client to accept the voucher and pay Platon Finance the purchase price and the administration fee.
- Within the Platon Store, three types of vouchers will be offered to Clients: classic vouchers with unique electronic codes, printed vouchers and prepaid cards. In addition to the above mentioned division, vouchers will be further divided according to brand value into standard and exclusive vouchers.
- Payments are made only in PLTC through the Payment Gateway, the terms and conditions of use of the Payment Gateway are regulated in the terms and conditions containing more detailed specifications of the Payment Gateway, located on https://platonlife.com/docs/vop_platebni_brana_1.0.0.pdf.
- Unique electronic codes are displayed directly in the Platon Wallet after purchase. The checking takes place both at the partner's wallet in the business section, in case the partner business uses Platon Wallet, and in case the partner business does not use Platon Wallet, the Client has the option to indicate on the voucher that he/she has already used it.
- Platon Finance reserves the right to limit the payments of individual Clients, where the limits will be renewed once a month, always on the 1st day of the month. Clients within Platon Life are divided into two categories into Private and Public Clients, where Private Clients, based on fixed PLTC and monthly bonus drawdown, are further divided into "Standard" and "Exclusive" categories:
- Platon Finance uses the logos of partner businesses on its website, specifically in the Platon Store section, by placing these logos on printed or generated vouchers. In the event that a partner business entity changes its logo or other promotional materials, it should inform Platon Finance, which will then update the logo or other promotional materials without delay. Without providing such information, Platon Finance shall not be liable for the use of the "old" logo of the partner entity.
- Platon Finance reserves the right to change the content and appearance of the Platon Store website, logos and other promotional materials.
- The Buyer has the right to cancel an electronic order without giving any reason at any time prior to its binding confirmation by Platon Finance.
- Platon Finance reserves the right to cancel an order or part of an order in the following cases
- if the order could not be confirmed,
- voucher is no longer available. In the event that this situation arises, Platon Finance will immediately contact the Client to agree on the next course of action. In the event that the PLTC in question has already been debited from the Platon Life account, the PLTC will be transferred back to the Platon Life account within 14 calendar days.
- The value of the individual vouchers is always listed with the selected voucher at the Platon Store. The value of individual vouchers is always quoted with value added tax unless otherwise stated.
- The purchase price paid by the Client for the purchase of the vouchers is the price listed below the individual vouchers, and is always stated in PLTC. In addition to the Purchase Price, the Client shall pay Platon Finance an administration fee of 5% of the Purchase Price of the Voucher for the administrative costs of Platon Finance associated with the conclusion of the Purchase Agreement and the execution of the purchase of the Voucher by the Client.
- The PLTC exchange rate against the major fiat currencies (EUR, CZK, USD) is subject to market fluctuations. In the event that the PLTC exchange rate falls, the vouchers may be worth more than their individual value.
- Due to the constant changes in the exchange rate, where the exchange rate listed in the Platon Store section changes once every 1 minute, the price in PLTC for the selected voucher is constantly fluctuating until the moment the Client enters the "checkout" section with his/her order. Until this moment, including adding to the cart and the next process in the e-shop, the PLTC rate may change.
- Platon Finance reserves the right to unilaterally adjust, either increase or decrease, the price of vouchers listed on the website in the Platon Store section, with the new prices being valid for the Client on the date of publication in the Platon Store section. Such adjusted prices do not apply to vouchers already ordered. For the Buyer, the price stated for the goods at the time of sending the order to Platon Finance shall always prevail. The Seller declares that if the price of the vouchers is unilaterally reduced after the conclusion of the Purchase Agreement, the Client is not entitled to reimbursement of the price difference between the price of the vouchers before the conclusion of the Purchase Agreement and the price of the vouchers after the conclusion of the Purchase Agreement.
POSTAGE AND PACKING
- The cost of delivery of the goods shall be borne by the buyer according to price list of the partner shipping company Zásilkovna s.r.o. in PLTC.
- Deliveries of electronically ordered vouchers will be dispatched as soon as possible, but within a maximum of 30 calendar days from the date Platon Finance confirms receipt of the Client's electronic order, to the delivery point specified in the order. If the delivery period exceeds 30 calendar days from the conclusion of the Purchase Agreement, Platon Finance shall notify the Client by e-mail and agree with the Client on an extension of the delivery period.
- The client is informed about the sending of vouchers via e-mail.
- All vouchers that are in electronic form and that the Client purchases within the Platon Store section are also automatically sent to the Client's e-mail in PDF format.
- Vouchers are sent by the contracted carrier Platon Finance. When creating an order, the client selects the branch of the delivery service where the ordered voucher will be delivered in the shopping cart.
- Individual shipments sent to Platon Finance Clients are insured up to the value of CZK 20,000. In the event of loss of the voucher by Česká pošta, s.p., which is generated by Platon Finance, the electronic codes will be cancelled and a new electronic code will be generated by Platon Finance.
- The invoice for the purchased goods will always be sent to the Customer in e-mail form to the e-mail address provided by the Customer. Upon receipt of the shipment, the Customer is always obliged to check that the packaging in which the voucher is packed has not been damaged and is also obliged to sign the document of receipt of the shipment or to provide the correct code (pin) to pick up the goods if requested. In the event that the parcel is damaged, a report must be drawn up on the spot and the defects found caused by the shipment and the Client is obliged to inform Platon Finance immediately in order to resolve the matter to the Client's satisfaction as soon as possible. If the Client accepts the shipment with obviously damaged packaging, Platon Finance shall have the right not to accept the Client's claim for this reason.
- The goods are delivered by Platon Finance exclusively in the Czech and Slovak Republics.
PERSONAL DATA, CONFIDENTIALITY AND OTHER ARRANGEMENTS
- Platon Finance stores the personal data provided by the Client exclusively for the purpose of fulfilling the terms of the Purchase Agreement, for the purpose of processing the electronic order, order execution, making payments and for the unavoidable communication between the contracting parties for a period of ten years.
- The Parties agree that the Client, if a consumer, is obliged to notify Platon Finance in the order of his/her name and surname, billing address and delivery address including postcode, telephone number and e-mail address. The Parties agree that the Client, if a business, shall notify Platon Finance in the Order of its business name, registered office address including postal code, VAT number, tax identification number, telephone number and e-mail address.
- The Client agrees that Platon Finance may delegate the processing of personal data to a third party.
- The client is entitled to withdraw consent to the processing of personal data in writing.
- By ticking the appropriate box before submitting the order, the Client may consent to Platon Finance processing and storing his/her personal data necessary for Platon Finance's activities related to sending information about new vouchers, discounts and promotions on the offered goods and processing it in all its information systems related to sending information about new products, discounts and promotions on the offered goods. The Client may change or update his/her personal data at any time by logging into his/her account or by sending a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon written request of the customer, the personal data will be deleted from the database. The Client may unsubscribe from the Newsletter by clicking on "unsubscribe" at the bottom of the Newsletter or by written request to email@example.com.
- The client is familiar with the storage of so-called cookies on his/her computer. Through the settings of his web browser, the purchaser can manually delete, block or completely disable individual cookies. Instructions on how the Client can refuse or delete cookies can be found in the "Help" section of the web browser.
- Applicable law. Contractual relations arising from the Purchase Contract shall be governed in the parts not regulated by the Purchase Contract by the relevant provisions of the applicable laws of the Czech Republic.
- Dispute Resolution. The Parties agree to submit all disputes arising out of legal relations arising under or related to the Purchase Agreement, including disputes concerning the validity, interpretation and termination of the Purchase Agreement, to the competent court in the Czech Republic.
- Separability. Should any provision of the Purchase Agreement prove to be invalid or ineffective in whole or in part, such invalidity or ineffectiveness shall not render the other provisions of the Purchase Agreement invalid or ineffective. In such case, the Parties undertake to replace the invalid or ineffective provision without delay by a new provision which is valid, effective and enforceable and which corresponds as closely as possible in purpose and function to the purpose and function of the original provision.
- Preference. In the event of a conflict between the contractual provisions and the dispositive provisions of the legal regulations of the applicable legal system of the Czech Republic, the provisions of the Purchase Agreement shall apply. In the event of a conflict between the contractual provisions and provisions of the legal regulations of the legal system of the Czech Republic which can be excluded by agreement of the Parties, the provisions of the Purchase Agreement shall apply and the said provisions of the legal regulations of the Czech Republic shall be deemed to be excluded.
- Platon Finance is entitled to change these Terms and Conditions at any time, and the version of the Terms and Conditions published on the Platon Finance Website at the time of conclusion of the Purchase Agreement will always apply to the relevant Purchase Agreement.
- Manifestation of Will. By entering into the Purchase Agreement, the Parties confirm that they have thoroughly read the provisions of the Purchase Agreement and the Terms and Conditions, that they understand them and that they agree to all the provisions and their legal consequences.
- The Terms and Conditions come into effect on the date of their publication on the Platon Finance Website.
- The Client and the Trader are aware of all risks associated with PLTC transactions, in particular the risk of fluctuations in the price and value of PLTC in the future.
- The Client is also aware that the current legislation does not exclusively regulate trading in PLTC. As this situation, as well as the interpretation of the relevant applicable legislation, may change in the future, the Client undertakes to respect both the aforementioned fact and any changes to these Conditions resulting from changes in legislation.
PLATON SERVICES LTD
Daniel Tanner, Managing Director